Thursday 24 November 2016

Analytical Reflection: Oral presentation

My team Sensing Sensation which consists of Xian Jing, Wei Jun and myself did our presentation on the 10th November, Thursday. It has been 2 years since I last did a presentation after graduating from polytechnic and it was nerve wrecking for me. Although the audience were familiar faces, I felt pressurized as this was a group presentation and I know I had to do my best as the weightage for this presentation was high.

During the preparation of the slides, I took Garr Reynold presentation tips as my reference and designed the slides to keep it simple and interesting by limiting the bullet points and having more graphics. My group rehearsed a few times the day before our presentation to ensure that we are all familiar with the content and language use.

On the day of the presentation, I was afraid that I will tend to forget what I needed to say when I am feeling nervous. Therefore, I tried my best to speak slowly as it allows me to have more time to think of what I needed to say next. I was the second presenter of my group and I had to present the contents of our project to the audience, I was glad that my slides manage to catch the audience attention as it consists mostly images, which indirectly forces the audience to listen to me presenting.

Overall, I felt that I did averagely well for the presentation, however, there is always room for improvements. It was a pleasure to receive feedbacks from my peers and professor as I am able to take note of my flaws and improve. For my future presentation, I feel that I can improve on my facial expression, tone as well as eye contact.


 Commented on 10/12/2016
commented on Xianjing and Camille blog

5 comments:

  1. Hello Cheryln,

    Your team did an excellent job for the presentation. Your presentation was clear and concise which allowed me to understand the implementation you wish to propose for SIT(Dover). Your weakness in not able to memories the whole content turned into your advantage when you spoke slowly, which allow the audience to understand what you want to deliver for your implementation entirely. Lastly, you answered the questions posted to you exceptionally well and clarified my doubts.

    It's been great having you in class as we often offer insights and different perspectives to various issues discussed in class.

    All the best in your final exams!

    Regards,
    Linfeng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you linfeng for your feedback! Its been great having you in the same class too! See you soon!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this detailed reflection, Cherlynn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryln,
    Good job on the presentation. It reminds me on your post on the importance of english you wrote previously. I am glad that you see improvement in your english. Keep up the good work. See you next Tri!
    Regards,
    Khia Meng

    ReplyDelete