Saturday 26 November 2016

Critical reflection

Initially, when my instructor first told my class that we have to write peer feedback on our classmate’s blog, I was quite excited because it was a good opportunity for me to improve my English and I can learn from my peers and instructor.

I like the idea of having the peer and instructor feedback because it allows me to improve on my English language as well as to learn from my peers. As I needed to write feedbacks for my peers on their blog, it indirectly forces me to read through and understand their whole article. I have to think of how they can improve their use of language. There are times that I may be wrong at correcting their use of language, however, I am glad that my instructor also make it a point to leave a feedback for everyone, making it a much easier way for both my peers and me to learn.

There is also group feedbacks which enable my peers and me to work collaboratively, giving and receiving feedback and evaluating our own learning. From my point of view, peer learning is useful as I am able to develop my thinking and writing skills.

Besides giving and receiving feedback, I have learned a lot more on writing a proper citation. In the past, I do not know the proper way of doing a citation therefore, I used to copy and paste links of a certain website when I do my project. However, after I learn the ways of writing a proper citation, I am now able to cite the links and it is beneficial for my future work.


The best takeaway from this module will definitely be the improvement in my writing skills. Being constantly reminded of my tenses and run on sentence, I tend to be warier when it comes to the writing of reports now. I am glad that with this module, I can write a better report for my future projects.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Cherlyn, for this clear, concise and yet comprehensive reflection focusing on the feedback you gave and received in this module. I'm glad you appreciated doing such tasks. (It's interesting that this invigorated you from the start as some students are quite hesitant to do so.) It's also heartening to know that you found value in collaborating in such feedback sessions. Finally, it's good for me to read that you appreciated having the chance to improve your writing through the activities we have done.

    All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brad,thank you for your feedback.It was great being in your class and I must say that I have really learn a lot from writing skills to communication skills. Thank you for your guidance and see you around school!.

      Delete